Piovano in China

A five-years long journey in China, 1900-1905

Monday, July 31, 2006

All my reign for an Ilford glass plate!


My device Goertz and my Ilfords glass plates with my maps are the most important things that I own!
Finding new Ilford glass plates many time it is a true adventure. They are more precious than gold! Like all photographers I have my resources that find plates in the port of Hong Kong and Canton then in a mysterious way those plates arrive at Tienstin and so I can get them.
I have a Chinese merchant very clever and a good friend but he knows how much I need those plates and and takes a patrimony with his smiles.
However, the major problem is that those plates in glass are more fragile. Preservation of photos in many cases is very difficult. Poor Luigi! Then to find silver. I spend all my time with acids and dark room... but the result is good! I hope...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home